Thursday, November 11, 2010

New pet....


Don't worry... It only lasted a day. This is a Cape Dwarf Chameleon and apparently quite rare! After a bit of research and a phone call or two, I decided to take it back to where I found it...

Full spectrum lighting is essential... Sorry buddy, our wedding is taking ALL our money!

Plus...

You need to provide them with water by misting their enclosure 3 times a day... Nope, I am not even ready for children! (And I have a full time job!)

Plus...

They eat crickets, mealworms, wax worms, flies, silk worms, moths AND you need to dust the food items with calcium powder. You have to feed them by hand so you know that they are eating... 
I don’t think I need to know any thing more than this “HOW NOT TO KILL MY CHAMELEON” tips... 
I KNOW he will be better off in the garden.   

(Libre took this lovely picture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment