Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A 1000 memories...



Quite a few questions cross my mind these days... 

Will Lila have enough memories of me when she grows up?
Will she have enough memories of her childhood?
Will she be interested in knowing small little details one tend to easily forget?

These questions bug me as I constantly try to remember from when I was little. For instance... I want to know if Lila and I had the same mannerisms, or does she reflex more of her dad? And often Lila's grannies can't answer these questions... Well, I don't really blame them, it is 32 years ago! But small little things interest me, and I would have loved to know... 

So, to stop that from happening to Lila one day I have started a "Memory Box" for her. In this box I will keep things like her first pair of shoes, her favorite toy, her first lock of hair... When I take photo's of her, I focus on the detail... a close up of her little toes, a close up of her bright, blue eyes... 

I also started a little note book for her. I treat it like a diary, but that doesn't mean I write in it every day. But in this book I am honest. I write about how I feel at that specific moment. I write about her development. New things she does, like noticing her feet for the first time, or rolling over onto her stomach for the first time...

Then some days I wonder if she will be able to read my blog when she has her first baby. Will cyber space allow it to "hang out" for 30 years or longer? How does these things work? How will technology play a role in something like this? 

It's like they say...

Time will tell...

And hopefully I would have been successful with the capturing of a 1000 memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment